So…I’ve pretty much had it with Weather Underground.
- Pages are frequently unavailable, or contain no data.
- Sometimes, the discussion board for one station shows up for another…or several others.
- Settings like F or C, Station Statuses, etc are difficult if not impossible to update. The page claims to have saved the new setting…but clearly hasn’t.
- The star system is crap…and doesn’t work as they describe anyway.
- The API will actively refuse uploaded data from a station…and then blame the station for failing to send data.
- Webcams will periodically just claim to no longer be available…until you go to the page for webcams and amazingly, it’s still there.
- They’re discontinuing their API effective 2018-12-31 because wahh…it’s hard to support an API…or something.
So, yeah…in short…fuck Weather Underground.
- Currently working on some code to pull all my historical wx data down from Wunderground to my own DB.
- because their API’s history endpoint sucks canal water.
- Have disassembled the old Ambient Weather 2902 sensor array (the one Ambient FINALLY replaced for me) and have an arduino reading most of the sensors.
- Will be building my own wx station, logging to my own storage, with my own pretty charts and graphs and shit.